TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - The united Way of Greater Topeka showed off a group Wednesday that people will see a lot of around Topeka in the weeks ahead.
A group of 14 United Way Campaign Cmbassadors graduated from training. Each Ambassador was individually recognized by Carol Wheeler, United Way campaign chair and vice president of Stormont Vail HealthCare and Larry McCoig, United Way campaign co-chair and regional president of Equity Bank.
Over the past two weeks, they learned about the needs of the community and how the United Way and many partners are working together to make measurable changes. The group will now work with business and organizations as they conduct their workplace fundraising drivers for the annual United Way campaign.
13's own Chris Fisher and Jeremy Goodwin are among the ambassadors.
2012 Campaign Ambassadors
1. Javier Escalante, Hallmark Cards, Inc.
2. Yvonne Etzel, Stormont-Vail HealthCare
3. Chris Fisher, WIBW Channels
4. Jeremy Goodwin, WIBW Channels
5. Raylene Gutierrez, Sponsored by Capitol Federal Savings
6. Todd Han, State of Kansas, Kansas Neurological Institute (KNI)
7. Angie Harris, Kansas Gas Service
8. Marcia Henderson, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas
9. Marilyn Herman, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas
10. Dina Hinchman, INTRUST Bank
11. Mary Ann Kramer, Frito Lay, Inc.
12. Tom Langer, State of Kansas, Department of Health & Environment
13. Shakeya Steele, Sponsored by CoreFirst Bank & Trust
14. Gigi White, se2 a Security Benefit Company