Baby Who Swallowed Feather Recovering At Home

By: AP (Posted by Josh Mabry)
By: AP (Posted by Josh Mabry)

HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) _ A Hutchinson baby who apparently ingested a feather is home from the hospital and doing well.

The nearly 7-month-old girl, Mya Whittington, was hospitalized during the weekend while doctors tried to determine why her jaw swelled. Eventually, a doctor pulled a 2-inch feather out of her neck area.

The girl's father, Aaron Whittington, said Wednesday the baby was home from the hospital. Doctors decided not to treat an enlarged area on her neck that has a hard knot inside it. They say the area will heal on its own.

The Hutchinson News reports the little girl has become something of a media star. Aaron Whittington says the family has received numerous requests for interviews to discuss his daughter's unusual medical drama.

___
Information from: The Hutchinson (Kan.) News, http://www.hutchnews.com


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 183376901 - wibw.com/a?a=183376901
Gray Television, Inc.