TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW)-- Pets have a special place in many homes and a new Pet First Aid App from Red Cross, can put lifesaving information in the hands of dog and cat owners providing emergency care until veterinary care is available.
The 99 cent Pet First Aid app allows iPhone and Android users instant access to expert information on maintaining pet health during emergencies.
The Pet First Aid App provides step-by-step instructions, videos and images for more than 25 common first aid and emergency situations such as how to treat wounds, control bleeding, and proper care for breathing and cardiac emergencies.
Other app features allow pet owners to:
· Create a pet profile including tag identification number, photos, list of medications and instructions.
· Use the list of early warning signs to learn when to call their veterinarian.
· Use “click-to-call” to contact their veterinarian.
· Find emergency pet care facilities or alternate veterinarians with the “animal hospital locator.”
· Locate pet-friendly hotels.
· Test their knowledge with interactive quizzes and earn badges that they can share on their social networks along with their favorite picture of their pet.
The Red Cross is making emergency information available whenever and wherever people need it. The Pet First Aid App and other Red Cross apps can be found in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store for Android by searching for American Red Cross or by going to redcross.org/mobileapps.