Electrical Failure Cause For Topeka House Fire

By: 13 news
By: 13 news

TOPEKA, Kansas (WIBW) -- The Topeka Fire Department says a failure of electrical equipment was the cause of a house fire Friday afternoon.

Crews responded to a fire around 1:15 pm on Friday at 2425 SW 22nd Street.

When fire fighters arrived on scene, flames were shooting out of the windows.

Crews were able to quickly put-out the fire that started in the living room within five to ten minutes.

Authorities say a mother and daughter that were inside the home were able to get-out safely with no injuries.

Estimated damage is $32,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 85548487 - wibw.com/a?a=85548487