TOPEKA, Kansas (WIBW) -- The Topeka Fire Department says a failure of electrical equipment was the cause of a house fire Friday afternoon.
Crews responded to a fire around 1:15 pm on Friday at 2425 SW 22nd Street.
When fire fighters arrived on scene, flames were shooting out of the windows.
Crews were able to quickly put-out the fire that started in the living room within five to ten minutes.
Authorities say a mother and daughter that were inside the home were able to get-out safely with no injuries.
Estimated damage is $32,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.