TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Eight lakes across Kansas are under warnings for high levels of blue-green algae in the water.
Health officials say you shouldn't swim or come in full body contact with the water, but boating and fishing may be safe.
Do not allow your pets to come in contact with the water either.
Eating fish caught at one of the lakes is considered safe as long as you clean and rinse it with fresh water.
Kansas lakes currently under a Warning status:
- Colwich Memorial Park Lake, Sedgwick County
- Hiawatha City Lake, Brown County
- Lake Warnock, Atchison County
- Logan City Lake, Phillips County
- Memorial Park Lake, Barton County
- Riggs Park Lake, Sedgwick County
- Rose's Lake, Johnson County
- South Park Lake, Johnson County
Atchison County Park Lake is under an advisory status.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.