A Topeka family returned from an errand Monday night to find their home in flames.
It happened just before 6pm at 436 NE Freeman.
Topeka fire crews say a couple and their four children lived in the home. They had been out, and when they returned, opened the door to heavy smoke and fire.
Crews quickly got it under control, but not before it did significant damage. Fire officials estimate $78,00 in damages to the home. $53,000 in structural damage and $25,000 in content losses.
Fire officials say the fire was accidental- caused by an electrical issue.
The Red Cross is helping the family. No injuries were associated with the blaze.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.