Fire Damages NE Topeka Home

By: 13 News
By: 13 News

A Topeka family returned from an errand Monday night to find their home in flames.

It happened just before 6pm at 436 NE Freeman.

Topeka fire crews say a couple and their four children lived in the home. They had been out, and when they returned, opened the door to heavy smoke and fire.

Crews quickly got it under control, but not before it did significant damage. Fire officials estimate $78,00 in damages to the home. $53,000 in structural damage and $25,000 in content losses.

Fire officials say the fire was accidental- caused by an electrical issue.

The Red Cross is helping the family. No injuries were associated with the blaze.

.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 45368212 - wibw.com/a?a=45368212