The community is rallying around a little boy burned while in the care of a babysitter.
Lopez was watching Fabian while the child's mother, Shelly Hackett, was at work. A family friend says Lopez told Hackett he thought he made bath water too hot for the child.
Lopez was arrested and charged with aggravated battery.
His mom reports on his web site that Fabian had surgery on his arm Friday morning. A surgery Thursday on his hand to remove dead skin went well.
The bloggers have already raised more than $1100. Blogger Laura Rajewski says Fabian's story touched a nerve. She says she's a single mother to three boys and can't imagine what she'd do if one of them was injured. She says she knows what it's like to struggle, and knows it will be difficult for Shelly, since she won't be able to work while staying with her child so far from home.
For those who'd like to help, the Fabian Hackett Benefit Fund has been set up at Capital City Bank. Donations can be made at any location.