Emporia Man Found Dead in Fire

By: 13 News
By: 13 News

An Emporia man was found dead inside a central Emporia home Sunday after fire was discovered inside.

Our radio partner KVOE reports the Emporia Fire Department identified the man as 86-year-old Don Capes.

Fire crews say dispatchers got the 9-1-1 that smoke was coming from the basement at 1025 Lincoln.

Firefighters found the victim inside the home, they were unable to revive him.

Firemen say the fire began when capes was smoking while using a personal oxygen device.

No other injuries were reported.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 39336862 - wibw.com/a?a=39336862