Firefighters responded to a call of a fire on the 3000 block of Fremont around 6:30 Saturday evening.
They arrived to find the tin siding and roof of the building up in flames. According to Captain Patrick Weaver there was noone in that part of the building at the time. Cpt. Weaver said the fire was started by faulty heat tape used on the water pipes.
Firefighters were taken out of the building when it the flames became to hot and the roof was in danger of collapsing. They fought the remainder of the fire from outside of the building.
Weaver said damages are estimated at $25,000 to the structure and $25,000 for content.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.