Kan. Man Loses Hand After Lighting 50 Sparklers

WICHITA, Kan. Doctors reportedly had to amputate the hand of a Hutchinson man who was injured after a homemade explosive blew up.

Forty-four-year-old Roy Harris initially lost two fingers in Sunday's accident and suffered burns to his arms.

He was taken to a Wichita hospital after he lit about 50 sparklers that were tied together.

Hutchinson Sgt. Chad Steele said the accident happened in the parking lot of the building where an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting was under way. Harris had been attending the meeting.

Fireworks are illegal within city limits. But there are no plans
to file charges against Harris.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 36970659 - wibw.com/a?a=36970659
Gray Television, Inc.