Group Home Fire in Topeka Causes $25,000 in Damage

By: 13 news
By: 13 news

An electrical fire in Topeka Sunday caused around $25,000 worth of damage. It happened at a group at 615 southwest 9th around 2:00 p.m. The home is a resident care facility, which provides room and board for mentally ill patients.

Owner Bob Ellis says the residents smelled smoke and warned each other to get out. Four were hospitalized for smoke inhalation. Ellis says he has every intention of opening back up as soon as possible.

The nine residents are staying at an adjacent group home owned by Ellis, until theirs re-opens.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 36610249 - wibw.com/a?a=36610249
Gray Television, Inc.