Fire Sends Four to Hospital

By: 13 News
By: 13 News

A fire at a group home sends four people to the hospital.

It happened at a halfway house a little before 2 p.m. Sunday afternoon.

Topeka Fire Department Battalion Chief Ed Dewitt said firefighters had to rescue one person from the second floor of the home.

Dewitt said four people were taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Fire investigators ruled it an accidental electrical fire.

Damages are estimated at $25,000 all nine residents of the building have been relocated.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 36549129 - wibw.com/a?a=36549129