15 Hospitalized With Carbon-Monoxide Poisoning

By: AP
By: AP

GARDEN CITY, Kan. (AP) _ More than a dozen people in southwest Kansas are taken to area hospitals suffering from carbon-monoxide poisoning.

Authorities on Monday said the 15 people, including several children, ere members of two families living in the same Garden City home.

They said at least one of the people had been feeling ill and suffering fainting spells for the last couple of days. But no one alerted authorities until everyone in the single-family house became sick.

Emergency officials say most of the victims were admitted for observation and treatment.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can cause dizziness, convulsions and death. Carbon-monoxide poisoning is more common in the winter by poorly ventilated gas-burning heaters and kitchen stoves.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 36183214 - wibw.com/a?a=36183214