Hannibal, Mo. Mourns Girl in ``Huffing'' Death

HANNIBAL, Mo. (AP) Residents of the northeast Missouri town of Hannibal are grieving the death of a 12-year-old girl who inhaled aerosol hair spray.

Sierrah Yarbrough was found Sunday in her bed. She was taken to a hospital in Columbia and died Wednesday.

Authorities believe Sierrah accidentally poisoned herself ``huffing'' the hair spray. The U.S. Department of Justice estimates that more than 1 million people, mostly ages 12 to 17, abuse inhalants to get high.

Several people gathered Wednesday outside of Sierrah's home for a candlelight vigil, recalling Sierrah as a sweet girl with a bright smile. Organizer Tomika Kyle says too many children are left unsupervised with idle time.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 27600344