House Fire in Emporia, Kansas Kills One Man

By: AP
By: AP

EMPORIA, Kan. (AP) _ A 49-year-old Emporia man is dead following a fire at his home.

Fire crews found Bruce Neill dead inside his home after a fire broke out on Sunday afternoon, Emporia Fire Department investigator Steve Rhoads said.

Rhoads said there were no flames, but heavy smoke when the fire crews arrived. Rhoads said the fire originated in the kitchen, likely from a pan on the stove.

The investigation into the fire is ongoing.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 26838719