Man, Son Electrocuted in Kansas City, KS

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) A 66-year-old man and his son are electrocuted while trying to put up an antenna behind a home in Kansas City, Kan.

Police said the men were electrocuted in the mishap Sunday afternoon outside their home, where high voltage electric lines hung over the backyard. A metal antenna similar to those used by ham radio operators lay on the ground near the rear property line.

Neighbor Deneka Kirkwood said she heard a loud pop at about 1 p.m., and 15 minutes later a little was pounding on her door saying, ``Please help me. My father and grandfather are dead.''

Kirkwood's brother, Byron, and a neighbor tried to administer CPR to the men until emergency crews arrived, but it was too late.

The men's names have not been released.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 25333429 - wibw.com/a?a=25333429