Hundreds of state employees got an unexpected break Monday afternoon when smoke alarms went off.
The Curtis State Office Building was evacuated around 3:30 pm Monday. The culprit, according to the Department of Administration, was burnt popcorn.
A spokesperson says popcorn smoking in a microwave set off the smoke alarms and sent workers out into the hot afternoon. People moved back in around 4 pm.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.