Fire Destroys Quenemo Home

By: Rae Chelle Davis Email
By: Rae Chelle Davis Email

Very little remains of the Dickey's home in Quenemo. Some scraps of wood and a half-burned photo album are on the ground. A dumpster is on the property to collect the rubble and haul it away. The fire began one night when the family was at a friend's home. Bad wiring in the deep freeze is to blame for the blaze.

Adrienne Dickey received a phone call from her in-laws that night. She immediately fell to her knees when she heard the news. How could her entire home be gone? The home was still smoldering when she arrived. The small road that leads to their home was filled with fire trucks. Adrienne says she broke down. She knew she had to call the Red Cross so that they could contact her husband who is serving in Iraq.

Within hours Adrienne was told her husband Don had been granted Emergency Leave and would be coming home. He arrived within a few days and she says that helped to give her the strength to pick up the pieces of their lives.

The family of five received tremendous support from the community. The National Guard sent out an e-mail asking for help and the Dickey's say they have received a lot of help from their church.

If you would like to help the family they have a fund set up through People's Bank of Ottawa.

    631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email:
    Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 22764969 -
    Gray Television, Inc.