Applebee's Workers Exposed to Carbon Monoxide

By: AP
By: AP

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) _

A broken water heater sends 14 workers from a Wichita Applebee's to the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning.

No customers were affected by Friday night's incident.

Authorities say the restaurant the manager called 911 after the
employees started complaining of headaches and nausea. The
restaurant was evacuated, and fire and hazmat crews aired out
building.

Workers were taken to Wesley Medical Center, with four of them
in serious condition.

Wichita Fire Department Capt. Scott Brown says an inspection
will be done before the restaurant is reopened.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 22465579