Starbucks Employee Burned When Hot Water Splashes

By: Brian Dorman Email
By: Brian Dorman Email

(Topeka, KS)-- An employee of Starbucks at 1123 SW Wanamaker was injured Sunday night around 8:40PM when water splashed from the pipe.

The young man was pouring hot sanitized water into a pipe when the water splahsed in his face. Water covered the ceiling, floor and counter of the coffee shop.

An employee of Starbucks says the water he was pouring was about 200 degrees with several sanitized cleaners mixed in. 13 News was later told by the manager of the Starbucks that the water wasn't as hot as reported earlier and was at most 140 degrees.

None of the half dozen patrons inside the cafe were injured.

The man was taken to St. Francis hospital for burns to his face.

The Starbucks shift supervisor on duty says it was a moment of panic and the employee was really shaken up.

It's reported that the next customer in line phoned 911 for help.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 20645819