SHAWNEE, Kan. (AP) _ The mishap occurred last Friday while George Chandler of Shawnee, Kan., and a friend were doing a project in a back yard.
The nailgun hose became tangled, causing the powerful tool to
fire one nail. Chandler said Monday he told his friend he didn't
know where the nail went, but he felt a sting on the top of his
Soon they discovered that the nail was driven deep into
Chandler's head, so they called an ambulance and he was rushed to a
Chandler said a doctor used a common claw hammer to remove the
He said he feels ``very lucky, very, very lucky'' to have
escaped serious injury.
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.