After being apart for some 12 years, WIBW Radio and WIBW Television
are back together, in a manner of speaking.
WIBW Radio went on the air in 1923, while the television station first broadcast in 1953. Both properties were originally owned by U.S. Senator Arthur Capper.
In 1956, Senator Capper sold the properties to Oscar Stauffer and both were relocated to the old Menninger Hill
The properties were split up when the Stauffer Family sold them to separate companies in 1996.
WIBW am moved to a new building and became a partner with KSNT television.
WIBW TV moved to a new building and became a partner with KMAJ radio.
But last year, WIBW Radio General Manager Larry Rickels and WIBW TV
Television General Manager Jim Ogle started talking about the advantages of partnering and benefiting from those 85 year old call letters. And on May 16, that partnership began. The best is yet to come.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.