Topeka Carbon Monoxide Scare - Tips to Keep You Safe

By: 13 news
By: 13 news

A family had quite the scare early this morning when they thought they were suffering from symptoms of carbon monoxide.

This happening on SW Orleans before 11 Saturday morning.

When Topeka Firefighters arrived one person had already taken themselves to an area hospital with flu like symptoms. Firefighters checked the home and no CO was detected there.

So how could you know if you are suffering from CO, it's difficult because you can't smell or taste it, most complain of flu like symptoms sometimes over a long period of time as CO builds up, and over time the more parts per million the more lethal it can be.

A CO detector is the best preventable measure, you can even buy them now with built in fire detectors.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 18294314 - wibw.com/a?a=18294314