Odor Sends Students Out of School

By: 13 News
By: 13 News

A strong odor prompted school officials to evacuate Rochester Elementary School Monday.

The Soldier Township Fire Department says it was called to the school around 9:20 am to investigate a strong sulfur smell. School staff had everyone out of the building and the building well ventilated before fire crews arrived.

Fire officials say the smell was caused by an overheated battery on a floor scrubber. Students and staff were allowed back in the building around 10 am.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 17978699