Rossville Toddler Burned by Bacon Grease

A 3-year-old child from Rossville was burned Monday morning after spilling bacon grease on himself.

The Rossville Police Department, Rossville Fire Department, Silver Lake Police Department, American Medical Response and the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office were called to Rossville Monday morning at approximately 9:56 a.m.

A parent of the child had poured hot bacon grease into a bowl and set it on the stovetop. As the parent was cleaning dishes, the child came up behind him and grabbed the bowl, spilling the hot grease on his face and neck.

The child was life-flighted to Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas, where he is currently being treated.

The child suffered second and possibly third degree burns.

The name of the child is not being released at this time.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 17671659 - wibw.com/a?a=17671659
Gray Television, Inc.