Early Morning Fire

Up to five people escaped an early morning house fire in Topeka Saturday.

It happened around 5:30 a.m. at 2000 Clay.

When firefighters arrived they found everyone out of the home un-injured.

Those that were in the home believed the fire started upstairs, but once firefighters began fighting the blaze they determined the fire started in a first story bedroom.

The cause of the fire has been ruled smoking while in bed.

It is estimated the fire caused $5,000 in damage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 17129241 - wibw.com/a?a=17129241