Late Night Apartment Fire

A fire at a Topeka apartment sent one man to the hospital.

Fire officials say it started about 10:15 p.m. thursday night in an apartment complex at 814 North Kansas Avenue -- adjacent to the twilighter club.

They say an over-stuffed chair caught fire, possibly by a cigarette.

One man who helped remove the chair from the building is asthmatic and was taken to a hospital because he became overcome by smoke.

No other injuries were reported.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 17102416 - wibw.com/a?a=17102416