This week’s featured vehicle is a Blue, 1995 Geo Prizm four-door. It was reported stolen from the parking lot at 1500 block of Fairlawn between 11:00 p.m. on Saturday and Noon on Sunday, March 23.
The vehicle had a Kansas tag of XPN 239 and the last four-digits of the VIN are 4797. The vehicle is a purplish blue color and had fishing equipment in the back of the vehicle.
There is a small dent on the passenger side rear end.
Anyone with information on the theft of this vehicle or any others is asked to call detectives at 368-9400.
Things you can do to help prevent auto theft:
· Never leave your motor running when unattended. This is one of the easiest ways to lose your vehicle, i.e. warm-up thefts on cold mornings, a quick trip into the store, etc.
· Don't loan your car to a stranger or casual acquaintance. Good intentions can result in the theft of your vehicle.
· If you have a garage, use it, and remove the key! If you don't have a garage, park in a driveway instead of the street if possible.
· Steering wheel or steering-column collar locks make visible deterrents, as well as mechanical challenges.
· Never leave a spare key in the vehicle and don’t leave the title in the car.
· Keep valuables out of sight, i.e. cellular phones, pagers, backpacks, purses, CDs, valuable clothing, etc. Valuables in plain view are an open invitation for thieves.