Some Evacuated From Local Hospital After Smoke Scare

By: Brian Dorman Email
By: Brian Dorman Email

Some employees of a Topeka hospital evacuated because of a smoke scare early Friday.

Topeka fire fighters responded to Stormont-Vail just before 10AM.

Fire officials say hospital security told them a motor had overheated causing smoke to fill a lower-level room.

Crews ventilated the room and let employees back into the building.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 16687981 - wibw.com/a?a=16687981