Fairlawn Fire Likely Accidental

By: 13 News
By: 13 News

It was likely an electrical problem that sparked a fire at a Southwest Topeka home Wednesday.

Fire crews were called to the 5600 block of southwest Fairlawn Road around 3:30 pm Wednesday. Mission Township firefighters found the house filled with smoke when they arrived. They stayed on the scene to ventilate the home.

Investigators say the fire started near a couch in the basement. While the cause is officially undetermined, they say it appears to be some sort of accidental electrical malfunction.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 16628891 - wibw.com/a?a=16628891