OLATHE, Kan. (AP) _ Olathe police say careless smoking was the cause of a fatal house fire.
Olathe police said in a release Saturday that a middle-aged woman died in the fire, which was reported Friday. The victim's identity and cause of death haven't been released.
When firefighters arrived they saw light smoke in the house and flames coming out the back and found the woman dead in the living room.
No one else was home at the time of the fire, which authorities caused about $100,000 in damage to the two-story house.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.