** FILE ** Thom Yorke, right, and Ed O'Brien of Radiohead perform at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival in Manchester, Tenn in this June 17, 2006 file photo. Some 62 percent of the people who downloaded "In Rainbows" in a four-week period in October of 2007 opted not to pay the British alt-rockers a cent. But the remaining 38 percent voluntarily paid an average of $6, according to the study by comScore Inc. (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey,file)
(CNN) -- One person was killed after a stage in Toronto's Downsview Park collapsed Saturday afternoon, minutes before spectators were set to begin streaming in to watch a concert by the alternative rock group Radiohead, authorities said.
Ian McClelland, deputy commander of Toronto Emergency Medical Services, said that city paramedics pronounced the person dead at the scene.
Another person who suffered serious injuries due to the collapse was transported to Toronto's Sunnybrook Hospital, while two others with minor injuries were assessed and released, McClelland said. He added that he didn't believe any others were affected.
The victims were setting up a stage in the park when a "scaffolding-type structure collapsed" about 40 to 60 feet above the main stage area, said Toronto fire Capt. Mike Strapko.
Reports: Indiana State Fair stage where 7 died was inadequate
The incident occurred around 4 p.m., according to Toronto Police Service Constable Harrison Ford. The weather was good at the time, with no storm or significant winds, he said.
The gates were scheduled to open, allowing fans onto the concert grounds, at 5 p.m., according to CNN affiliate CBC.
That show -- which was sold out and had been scheduled for Saturday evening -- was canceled due to what the production company Live Nation Entertainment described as "unforeseen circumstances."
"Radiohead concert canceled. There has been an incident, more details forthcoming," said a post on Downsview Park's official Facebook page.
The band was to be joined by the Canadian musician known as Caribou.
Sugarland's lead singer says band not responsible for Indiana stage collapse