A transformer fire left hundreds of people in southeast Topeka in the dark for a while Tuesday night.
It happened around 7:15 pm near SE 21st and Adams.
Westar Energy initially reported 970 customers were affected. The number then topped 1900 at one point. The last customers were restored around 9 pm.
Westar says an equipment failure likely sparked the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.