Topeka House Fire Put Out Quickly Thanks To Passerby

By  | 

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - A fire at a Topeka home Thursday afternoon is believed to be intentionally set.

Crews were called just after 2:00 p.m. to 1160 Southwest Lane. Topeka Batallion Chief Mike Thompson says a man who had an interest in renting the home from a Craigs List ad discovered the fire.

Thompson says the fire began along the interior stairwell of the home, which was vacant. No injuries were reported.

The fire caused $500 in damages.




 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus