Meriden Rd Shooting Victim Leaves Trail Of Blood

Three men suffered gunshot wounds at 4335 NE Meriden Rd Friday evening.
By  | 

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Three men suffering gunshot wounds from an incident in northeast Topeka Friday evening are in serious but stable condition, Sergeant Brad Jones with the Shawnee County Sheriff's Office said.

Authorities were called to 4335 NE Meriden Road around 6:45 p.m. Friday. Three men had been shot, with one victim leaving a trail of blood at several neighbors' homes in the aftermath.

Neighbors Tom and Connie Flanagan, who live several houses down on Meriden, said they returned home after an evening out, to a crime scene and found blood on their front porch and driveway.

"We think he was coming straight across, right through here," Tom Flanagan said, referring to the victim and motioning from the house on 4335 NE Meriden Road to his driveway.

"He was bleeding pretty good," Flanagan supposed. "See those spots?"

Specks of blood still line the Flanagan driveway, all the way up to the front door.

Next door, Judy Rodman said her husband opened the door when a Caucasian man, about 35 years of age, came to her door, shaky with blood on his face, saying, "I need help." He was also talking on a cell phone and they did not know if he was a perpetrator or victim. Rodman said they were too worried to act.

Rodman said the man kept going and was later picked up by authorities. Like the other two male victims, he was taken to Stormont Vail.

According to the Shawnee County Appraiser, the owner of 4335 NE Meriden, where it all started, is listed as Robert Fuller.

"I know Robert," Neighbor Richard Lux said, though he said they weren't close. "But I don't know who the people are that got shot. I dont know who they are at all."

"It's a really quiet neighborhood. Everybody attends to their own business," he said.

Neighbors describe Fuller as friendly, with frequent house guests.

Fuller didn't want to speak on camera, but said it appeared to be a dispute among some of his friends and guests.

Sergeant Jones said no suspects have been taken into custody thus far.

Investigations are ongoing. Officers have not released the victims' identities.