Space Heater To Blame For Topeka House Fire

Fire thumbnail KAUZ MGN
By  | 

Topeka, Kan. (WIBW) - Only one person was home when a fire started in a back bedroom of a southwest Topeka home.

Fire fighters responded to the call around 11:45 a.m. at 5713 SW Avalon.

A space heater in the bedroom caught a mattress on fire.

The fire was out about ten minutes after crews responded.

The woman living at the residence had just gotten home from church when the fire started.

The woman and her cat and dog got out of the house safely with no injuries.

A damage estimate is not available yet.