Several Space Heaters In Use While Garage Fire Breaks Out

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW-TV) Space heaters may be to blame for an overnight fire in a Topeka garage early Tuesday.

Firefighters were called to 4117 SW 34th Tuesday morning around 3 a.m.

A family member told 13 News that he had several space heaters running in the garage when it caught on fire. He was outside with friends when the fire broke out.

Fire crews reported seeing smoke when they arrived, the garage was fully involved in flames a short time later.

Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control about a half-hour later, it was finally put out around 4:15 a.m.

The family member who spoke with 13 News said the home is owned by his father, who died last week.

No injuries were reported; the blaze did not spread to the home.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 244857661 - wibw.com/a?a=244857661
Gray Television, Inc.