SALINA, Kan. (AP)-- A Salina man pleaded no contest to first-degree murder in the death of his 3-month-old son.
Sentencing for 27-year-old Nicholas Corbin was delayed until an evaluation is conducted at Larned State Hospital.
Desirah Overturf, the mother of Jordan Jeremiah Corbon, pleaded no contest last week to the same charges.
The Salina Journal reports the couple's plea deals include an agreement from prosecutors not to seek a Hard 50 sentence. A conspiracy to commit murder charge and other charges were dropped. Overturf is scheduled to be sentenced Sept. 8.
The baby's autopsy has not been made public. A police affidavit says Overturf told investigators she and Corbin chose not to properly feed the child because they wanted to return to the lives they had before the baby was born.
Posted by Greg Palmer