WICHITA, Kan. (AP) _ Police in Wichita say a man needed hospital treatment after stuffing his mouth with cooked pork and nearly choking to death at a butcher shop.
The incident happened Monday night at Carniceria El Guero (kar-NEE'-say-REE'-ah ehl GWEHR'-oh), near downtown Wichita.
Employees said the 51-year-old man entered the shop, started grabbing handfuls of cooked pork and stuffed the meat into his mouth. The man soon began to choke and collapsed to the floor.
Some employees gave the man first aid until an ambulance arrived. Paramedics revived the man and took him to Via Christi St. Francis Hospital.
Posted by Greg Palmer