Newly-Sold Home Gutted By Fire

By: WIBW (Posted by Melissa Brunner)
By: WIBW (Posted by Melissa Brunner)
Tap the Picture to View the Slideshow

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW - A newly-sold, vacant home in east Topeka caught fire early Thursday.

Fire crews were called around 4:30 am to 801 SE Highland Ave. Fire crews saw smoke and flames coming from the home when they arrived.

Authorities say a young couple purchased the home just Wednesday. They were in the process of moving in, but weren't there when the fire broke out.

Firefighters declared the fire out just before 6 am. A fire investigator was trying to determine where and how the fire started.

631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email:
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 179574571 -
Gray Television, Inc.