Poll Gives Davis Slight Edge Over Brownback In KS Governor's Race

(WIBW) - A new poll gives Democratic challenger Paul Davis a slight edge over incumbent Republican Sam Brownback, with Brownback's popularity dropping.

Public Policy Polling released its findings Friday. In its survey, 42 percent of respondents said they would vote for David, while 40 percent chose Brownback. The poll has a margin of error of +/- 3.7 percent.

The poll also found one 33 percent of Kansas voters approve of the job Brownback is doing, while 51 percent disapprove. The numbers compare to the 37/52 spread in a poll the organization did a year ago.

The poll also found only 41 percent of respondents had an opinion of Davis one way or the other - 23 percent said favorable, while 18 percent said unfavorable.

Several specific issues also were touched on in the poll. On taxes, 26 percent of those surveyed feel Brownback's tax plan has been a success, while 47 percent say it has not. In addition, 59 percent of voters say Kansas school are not adequately funded. The same percentage want the Kansas Supreme Court to order funding be increased.

The poll also looks at the U.S. Senate race in Kansas with incumbent Pat Roberts, Republican challenger Milton Wolf and potential Democratic candidate, Shawnee Co. District Attorney Chad Taylor.

You can view the complete poll results by clicking here.

PPP says it surveyed 693 Kansas voters from February 18 to 20, 2014. 80 percent of the interviews were conducted via telephone with the other 20 percent done over the internet.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 246596281 - wibw.com/a?a=246596281
Gray Television, Inc.