May 4th Is 7 Year Anniversary Of Deadly Greensburg Tornado

GREENSBURG, Kan. (WIBW)- On May 4th 7 years ago, Greensburg, Kansas was devastated by a deadly tornado.

On the evening of May 4th in 2007, an EF-5 tornado traveled rapidly through the city, killing 11 people.

95 percent of the city was reported destroyed, while the other 5 percent severely damaged.

The National Weather Service reported the tornado traveled nearly 22 miles with wind speeds of the tornado reaching around 205 miles per hour.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 257855121 - wibw.com/a?a=257855121