SAN DIEGO – A man died after being stung by bees at his Valley Center home, authorities said Thursday.
The 67-year-old man was burning bushes on his property at 1:50 p.m. on the 12,500 block of Montanya Drive when he was stung by numerous bees, San Diego Sheriff’s Lt. Dave Schaller said.
Bee-StingThe victim, identified by family as Bruce Umland, was in medical distress when CalFire crews arrived, and they attempted to save his life, the lieutenant said.
Umland went into cardiac arrest soon after being stung and died, family members said.
Family members said Umland had been dealing with a heart condition, but did not know their father was allergic to bee stings.
Posted by Greg Palmer
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.