LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP)-- A Westar spokeswoman says a 54-year-old Lawrence man was likely electrocuted while working on a historic building in Lawrence.
The Lawrence Journal-World reports (http://bit.ly/1pkGIAa ) the man, who hasn't been identified, was repairing guttering at the historic Turnhalle building Friday morning when a co-worker found him on the ground. Police say the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Gina Penzig, spokeswoman for Westar Energy in Topeka, says the victim came in contact with an overhead power line and was likely electrocuted. But she says the coroner won't be able to verify the cause of death until Monday.
The Turnhalle building is one of the Lawrence Preservation Alliance's projects. Construction on the building was nearing completion at the time of the man's death.
Posted by: Nick Viviani