TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Some very special boys and girls were honored Monday night for their outstanding contributions.
The Boys and Girls Club State Youth of the Year banquet was held Monday at the Maner Conference Center.
Nine finalists were chosen for the designation this year. They were:
- Chad McNeal, Coffeyville
- LaShante Robinson, USAG Fort Riley CYS Services
- Danielle Sigmon, USAG Fort Leavenworth CYS Services
- Gilbert Galindo, Hutchinson,
- Innocent Anavberokhai, Lawrence
- Kennedy Felice, Manhattan
- Kylie Woods, McConnell Air Force Base Youth Center
- Micah Raider, Boys & Girls Club of South Central Kansas
- Antonia Vega, Topeka
Innocent Anavberokhai of Lawrence won this year's Kansas Youth of the Year award.
Danielle Sigmon of Fort Leavenworth won the Kansas Military Youth of the Year award.
Local youth from Boys and Girls Clubs across the state were nominated for their outstanding contributions to their families, schools, communities and Boys and Girls Clubs.