Lawrence Cooking Fire Causes $175,000 Damage

By  | 

LAWRENCE, Kan. (WIBW) -- A two-alarm fire at a Lawrence apartment complex Tuesday morning did an estimated $175,000 damage.

It started at about 7:45 a.m. at the Southpointe Apartments & Park Villas, 2310 West 26th St.

Officials say the cause of the fire has been classified as accidental, having started in a kitchen by "unattended cooking."

The Douglas County chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting displaced occupants of six apartments.