LAWRENCE, Kan. (WIBW) -- A two-alarm fire at a Lawrence apartment complex Tuesday morning did an estimated $175,000 damage.
It started at about 7:45 a.m. at the Southpointe Apartments & Park Villas, 2310 West 26th St.
Officials say the cause of the fire has been classified as accidental, having started in a kitchen by "unattended cooking."
The Douglas County chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting displaced occupants of six apartments.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.