Kitchen Fire Damages N. Topeka Home

By: WIBW
By: WIBW

TOPEKA, Kan, (WIBW)-- Fire crews from the Hoyt Fire Department were called to a kitchen fire in a home at 170 NE 82nd Street at 9:13 Monday morning.

Some was seen when fire crews arrived.

Officials told 13 News that heavy damage was reported to a light switch in the entryway that made its way into the attic and was believed to be the cause of the fire.

Shawnee County Dispatch said the fire was contained by about 10 a.m. caused about $40,000 in damages and no injuries were reported.

The investigation continues and we will update the story if any additional facts become available.

Posted by Greg Palmer


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 269837601 - wibw.com/a?a=269837601
Gray Television, Inc.