Kansas Tornado Victims Get Help Replacing Documents

By  | 

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) _ The Kansas Department of Revenue is taking
steps to help residents of tornado-stricken Wabaunsee County
replace tax documents and state-issued licenses or identification.

Gov. Sam Brownback has declared a state of emergency for the
county, where Tuesday night's tornado destroyed about half the
buildings in the small town of Harveyville.

Kansas Revenue Secretary Nick Jordan said Wednesday the department will waive fees for replacing certain documents, such as
driver's licenses, vehicle titles or state identification. Residents will need to prove they live in the Wabaunsee County to get new licenses.

Those needing free replacement copies of their tax returns can call the Revenue Department 785-368-8222.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)